Introducing the new SolarFoot™ for exposed fastener metal roofing with the strength, testing, quality, and time-proven integrity you expect from S-5!.
View the brochure
View the installation instructions
The SolarFoot provides an ideal mounting platform to attach the L-Foot of a rail-mounted PV system to the roof. This solution is The Right Way to secure rail-mounted solar systems to exposed fastener metal such as AG-Panel or R-Panel.
- All aluminum and stainless components
- 25yr limited warranty
- Compatible with all commercial L-Foot products on the market
- Factory applied 40-year isobutylene/isoprene crosslink polymer sealant for reliable weathertightness
- Sealant reservoir to prevent over-compression of sealant
- Load tested normal to seam
- Four points of attachment into structure or deck with tested holding strength for engineered applications
- Integrated with M8-1.25x17mm stud and M8-1.25 stainless steel hex flange nut included
The SolarFoot is a simple, cost-effective pedestal for L-Foot (not included) attachment of rail-mounted solar PV. The unique design is compatible with all rail producer L-Foot components. The new SolarFoot assembly ensures a durable weathertight solution for the life of the roof. Special factory applied butyl co-polymeric sealant contained in a reservoir is The Right Way, allowing a water-tested seal. Stainless integrated stud and hex flange lock-nut secure the L-Foot into position. A low center of gravity reduces the moment arm commonly associated with L-Foot attachments. Direct attachment of the SolarFoot to the structural member or deck provides unparalleled holding strength.
Solar Foot Advantages:
- Exposed faster mounting platform for solar arrays attached via L-Foot and Rails
- Weatherproof attachment to exposed fastener roofing
- Butyl sealant reservoir provides long-term waterproof seal
- M8-1.25x17mm stud with M8 hex flange nut for attachment of all popular L-Foot/rail combinations
- Tool: 13 mm Hex Socket or ½”
- Hex Socket
- Tool Required: Electric screw gun with hex drive socket for self tapping screws
- Low Center of Gravity reduces moment arm commonly associated with L-Foot/Rail solar mounting scenarios
- Attaches directly to structure or deck for optimal holding strength
- S-5! Recommended substrate specific e.g. steel purlin, wood 2×4, osb, etc fasteners provide excellent waterproofing and pull out strength
- Fastener through-hole locations comply with NDS (National Design Specification)
*Fasteners sold separately. Fastener type varies with substrate. Contact S-5! on how to purchase fasteners and obtain our test results. L-Foot also sold separately.
Fastener selection will depend on whether the supporting structure of the roof is metal or wood.
When relying upon tested load values one of the below fasteners MUST be used. Sold Separately